Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sites and Mr. Vegas

I really wanted to wait to post this but unfortunately I will not have a WiFi connection until I get on the Greyhound on Thursday so I figured I would get this up.
We toured today! We did one whole side of the strip. We saw so much. Hooters was the first place we hit, it was actually really nice we both really liked it there and the pool was really nice. We went to the coke store and got our picture taken with a polar bear. It was actually kind of creepy. It was someone in a costume but the mouth moved and so did the eyes. Lol Paul called it creepy and it walked away from us and then started throwing stuff at me haha it was really funny.
We saw Elvis' and Star Wars impersonators, Austin Powers and a Bowie who was trying to pay his phone bill, lol Vegas is definately something all it's own.
We went to the Flamingo where we got lost for a good hour in the gardens and pool and ended up on the roof which we weren't supposed to be in. We went to Paris, Harrah's, Oshea's Bar, Treasure Island where we went to an Oxygen bar and for $20 we got 20 minutes of oxygen, a back massage, scalp massage and a vodka monster drink, it was so relaxing and refreshing. We went to the Mirage, the Forum Shops in Caesars Palace, the Venetian which is absolutely huge and you feel like you are in Italy. It was like it's own country and it has these huge cathedral ceilings with paintings on it like the Sisteenth Chapel. We did this for 8 hours! I was hoping to have a nap when we got back but we had to get ready before to go so Wayne.
Mr. Vegas himself was awesome! He is retiring in April, he has been performing for 50 years. He has performed with Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin and Old Blue Eyes and been on television shows such as I Love Lucy. He is the last of the original performers still (alive) and perfroming in Vegas. The show was almost a tribute to all his fellow performers and it actually brought me to tears at some points. He sang classics like Viva Las Vegas and Danke Shen which was actually given to him by Bobby Darren. Mr.Newton has had 135 albums and 17 top 10 hits. Somebody actually threw their underwear up on stage, it was classic.
The band was awesome. They were all dressed in white and the back up singers danced and the drummer was from Toronto!!! The show was classic and I am so happy I got to see a legend like such as him perform, it's almost an honour.
Well I am exhausted and I think my cold just got worse, so I am off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment